This week's #FitnessFriday blogging theme is Fitness and/or Nutrition Tips. This is such a broad theme that I've decided I would narrow it down to my own personal "top five" fitness tips.
1. Set goals. Without goals you're aimless. What is your top priority? Whether it's losing weight, getting fit, eating healthy, running a certain distance, learning a new physical activity, set realistic (S.M.A.R.T.) goals. Goals help you stay on track toward achieving your dreams. Goals give you a WHY, a reason to move forward, to challenge yourself. Just remember that unforeseen setbacks and obstacles DO occur and perseverance is key to finding ways around them!
2. Make sure you have a strong WHY -- your reason(s) for wanting to get healthy, to lose weight, to become a stronger, fitter, more vital you. Write down your reasons and remember them when you don't feel like working out, when you're tempted to binge on too many sweets and when that multitude of excuses barrage you each and every day of your journey. When your WHY is strong, so is your determination that NOTHING will stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.
3. Accountability!!! It is so important to find, build and maintain friendships and relationships that offer support toward you and your goals. If your immediate family doesn't support your goals, find a friend or a group online who will. Come on over to my Fitness With Friends group on Facebook. We're such a friendly bunch, always supportive, open and encouraging, never judgmental or competitive. It's all about individual support and collective advancement.
4. Stick up for yourself when it comes to the excuses that would unnecessarily hold you back. Also, go easy and gentle on yourself when you encounter a setback, an obstacle or when you let an excuse temporarily get the better of you. Be your own best friend, advocate and guide. Learn to trust yourself and your own body's signs and signals. Question the excuses that pop in to your head. You can easily talk yourself out of even the best of intentions, so really dig deep and you'll find that not a single one of your excuses really hold water when you're determined enough to break self-limiting habits and beliefs.
5. And last, read this article. I *highly* recommend it.
One last thing, a slight bit of a promo, because I really like the premise of this new workout program. It's great for those just getting started on their health and fitness journey, for busy people and... well, for anyone really. Workouts are 30 minutes long and the program comes with color-coded containers that let you focus on portion control, NOT calorie counting and NOTHING is off limits -- not even chocolate or wine!
Check out the details on Team Beachbody's 21 Day Fix here.
Click the links below to connect with me:
Get My Latest Blog Posts Delivered Straight To