It's been around 7 months since I last published a blog post. During those months, we sold our previous home, moved in temporarily with extended family, moved into our new (old, Victorian) home, and our boys started another school year. Halloween has come and gone and now we're trucking toward Thanksgiving, Christmas, and another New Year. Whew!
In future blog posts, I will make use of affiliate links as a way to help fund my blogging work, home restoration projects, and more. To introduce you to a sampling of the affiliate links you'll begin seeing, I've rounded up a few, below.
I'm an Amazon Associate & Influencer.
I promote quality CBD products.
I was recently accepted into the
Looking to love yourself more? To take better care of YOU?
Want to focus more on your own needs?
Need a prompt to remind you that YOU are important too?
If yes, join the Spark Your Motivation April Self-Care Challenge!
Check out the image to the right to see the "challenge of the day" for each day in April, and post here when you've completed each day's challenge.
We're entering the third month of 2018 already. I've been faltering at my fitness goals as my schedule is currently crazy and I have lacked the stamina to stick with healthier eating habits so far.
So, along with my Fitness with Friends group on Facebook, I'll be hitting the reset button of sorts and recommitting to regular workouts and cleaning up some eating habits.
Join us in Fitness with Friends for the March Photo-a-Day Fitness Challenge. It's guaranteed to be fun, and hopefully it'll also be a great motivating factor to return to healthy habits!
Wishing you a marvelous March, one that sees you moving closer to some of your most heartfelt goals!
Here is one mom's response to her teenage daughter on this subject.
March with them in Washington DC or march in your own community. On March 24, the collective voices of the March For Our Lives movement will be heard.
Visit this link to sign up for updates on the March For Our Lives movement, including info on marches happening in your local community. Stay tuned and stay active!
#NoMore gun violence in our schools...
Hyung Jin Moon, who leads the Sanctuary Church in Newfoundland, Pennsylvania, and is known as “True Father” and “Second King” to his followers, issued a literal call to arms to members of his anti-LGBT sect last month.
I don't have all the answers... neither do you. Not any individual one of us has all the answers and it's time we ALL stop acting like we do.
Let's COME TOGETHER to hash out REAL, effective solutions. Arguing online about who's right and who's wrong, who or what singular thing is to blame (let's face it, it's a multi-faceted issue with a multitude of necessary actions toward solutions), and being downright nasty to one another is disgusting behavior.
If we TRULY want to affect change, we need to JOIN TOGETHER to find our common ground, to figure out SOLUTIONS, NOT to bring more negativity to the table.
It's time to change the narrative, people. #NoMore acting like your view is the only one, #NoMore mass school shootings, and let's truly LISTEN to one another for once.
We're at a critical choice point: UNITED we stand, divided we fall.
Click here to Take the Pledge to join the National Day of Action Against Gun Violence in Schools on April 20, 2018.
By Richard Brody
Decades ago, the late, Senator Charles Goodell, said, Politicians are like antelopes, When things get tough, they paint their behinds white, and run, with the herd. While this has probably, always, been true, for many of those, in elected office, we have recently been witnessing, a level of empty rhetoric and populist promises, as never seen before, in recent memory. Since this has also been accompanied, by partisan politics, to the extreme, our nation, and its essential principles, of the highest commitment to American freedoms, and rights, has seemed to suffer, and be threatened! We have witnessed far more rhetoric and partisanship, than realistic solutions, and responsible, responsive governing. With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly examine and consider 5 examples.
1. D.A.C.A., The Wall, and Immigration: The United States of America has been, and continues to be, a country, of immigrants, who have come here, predominantly, for a perceived, better life, and opportunities! It seems, there is a vocal minority, which resents this, even though, many of them, had families, which came to this country, as immigrants! When Donald Trump ran for office, he appealed to many of these individuals, by the level of his rhetoric, and vitriol! His apparent, biased outlook, seems to have propelled his focus on building the wall, along our Southern Border, although many experts, claim, it will be a costly, ineffective deterrent to illegal immigration, and/ or potential safety issues/ concerns. The negativity towards immigration, and Trump's negative rhetoric, regarding immigration, has spread, to the discussion, regarding the so - called, Dreamers, and the legislation, regarding, D.A.C.A.
2. Tax reform: Trump appealed to his supporters, by promising them, he would reform their taxes, and implement tax cuts, which focused on the best interests of the middle - class. While approximately 70% of these individuals (according to most studies), will experience a small savings,. for about 8 years, the most significant impact, will be for corporations, and the wealthiest Americans. The politicians supporting this tax reform, have continued to state, it will enhance employment, etc, even though, so - called, Trickle - Down Economics, has never succeeded, in the past!
3. Politics, versus policy/ people: Senator Rand Paul recently gave a speech, on the floor of the Senate, condemning his party members, for ignoring deficits, now, while emphasizing them, in the past! In the past few years, we have experienced a level of partisan politics, like rarely witnessed before, and, thus, very little, has been achieved, by our national political leaders!
4. Make America Great, or Greater?: When he was running, Mr. Trump, emphasized his campaign slogan, Make America Great Again! In, and, of itself, this indicates a level of negativity, and rhetoric, because it seems to say, we are no longer great! Shouldn't we want our leaders to focus on making us greater, and improving the life, and conditions, of all our citizens?
5. America's freedoms: What has always made America different, better, and what we should and must stand for, is the freedoms, guaranteed, in our Constitution! Attacking the media and press, as Fake News, and pitting one component/ sector of society, against another, diminishes us, and threatens our freedom, and rights!
Wake up, America, and demand, our elected officials, represent our interests, and the national freedoms, rather than their personal agenda, political hopes/ aspirations, and self - interest! Don't we deserve better?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense politics: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: Politics: Rhetoric Versus Reality: 5 Examples
Get My Latest Blog Posts Delivered Straight To